Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Steamed Pork Wonton Dumplings

Ingredients:
1 pound ground pork
1 (5-ounce) can water chestnuts, strained and finely chopped
1/2 cup scallions, finely chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 tablespoon jarred minced ginger
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 egg, beaten
1 pack oriental sesame dressing mix (I used Good Seasons herb & garlic because it was all I could find)
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 (16-ounce) pack wonton wrappers
Savoy or Napa cabbage
Bamboo steamer

Directions:
In a large bowl mix pork, water chestnuts, scallions, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, egg, sesame dressing mix, and oyster sauce. Fill center of each wonton wrapper with 1 teaspoon of meat filling. Gather wrapper up and twist to secure sides. Brush the edges of the wontons with water to help seal. Arrange cabbage leaves on the bottom of a bamboo steamer. Place dumplings about 1-inch apart and steam until the filling is cooked through, about 20 minutes.

Notes:
I steamed some and browned some in a skillet. DH and I found the ones in the skillet to be tastier. Probably because I used the sesame oil in the skillet.

Also, I don't have a bamboo steamer, so I used the steamer that goes with my big pasta
pot. I lined the steamer with iceberg lettuce instead of cabbage because that's what I had on hand. It got the job done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...